Supplementary Foods for Husky

Utku

Hi everyone,

My 11 months old husky infected with parvo virus and he is with better condition right now. However, he lost so much weight in treatment process. So i want to give him some supplemantaries to both recovering his condition and strenghten his immune system. Another reason that i give him these supplemantaries is a chronic illness for huskies which is hip dyslexia.

So with a recommendation of my friend whose malamute dogs, i thinking to buy King K9 and Canina Canhydrox GAG. Here is the links;

https://www.kingk9.co.uk/product/muscle-performance/

https://homelabvet.com/product/canina-petvital-canhydrox-gag-for-dogs-60-1020-tab/

Is anybody know these products? Or any other recommendation to recover him in a good quality? What should I be careful with these type of supplementaries in terms of his health, condition etc. ?

Thank you in advance!

Muscle & Performance  .................... hmmmmm  - no details as to whether it is a natural product  - and if so what is it made from  -  or  (more likely) synthetic.    Synthetic vitamins are actually lab-made and are mirror images of the naturally occuring vitamins  - and the body does not recognize the mirror images as easily  - and the body is not able to assimilate them as easily  (if at all in some cases).    I would be extremely wary of giving my dogs ANY product with so little detail.    They also give no details as to the 'high protein base'.

Never come across the Canina Canhydrox GAG  - but at least the ingredients were in English  - Calcium and Phosphorus with protein and ash  (minerals)  -  you would be as well to give your dog raw meaty lamb ribs  (breast of lamb cut into the individual ribs).    Your dog would also clean his teeth by pulling on the meat and chewing the bones.

The best thing you could do for your dog is to feed him a fresh raw meat diet with bones and offal  - the more organs the better, fresh low carb vegetables  5%-10%  (spinach, brocolli, cauliflower, asparagus, kale, etc) with berries  (around 5%)- blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc,  Fresh (frozen for one week to kill the parasites) whole fish  - mackerel, sardines, herrings, sprats or anchovies  (twice a week).  Raw beaten egg twice a week,  make him some bone broth  -  it is excellent for dogs recouperating from illness  - extremely easy on the digestion and packed full of nutrition  - a sick dog can live on bone broth alone for a couple of weeks.

Dogs first appeared around 40 million years ago  -  and from then up to around 100 years ago  - there was no one around to make their food.   They had to go out - catch and kill it, then eat it all  - skin, fur & feathers as well as all the organs.    They have done extremely well on this diet of raw whole food for 40 million years  ............  why try to change it now?

I hold two qualifications in dog food nutrition, one in raw dog food nutrition, and the other - advanced canine nutrition.   If you would like any help in devising a raw diet for your pup I will be happy to help.