hard work paying off, lol

sleeptalker

hi all, just wanted to share this with you, and hopefully give hope to any having training issues. mikito had a thing about not coming back on the lead, he didn't run away but wouldn't get close enough for you to grab his harness and if you lunged at him he'd back further away. so we have been doing alot of lead work and having two of us when he is off lead as he was better at getting on the lead with two of us, and then today, out on me own with them, he stood there, i threw him a treat, he ate it and then stood close enough for me to get hold of him, without having to lunge. im sooooo proud and happy with him, he's the man today!!!!!! it may only seem like a small thing but i have had to wait 30mins before now before i could get him on lead and the alternative of walking him on a long lead seemed sad as he loves to run and play, and it gives me a good feeling that other things will come into place now.:ran_wink:

Thats great, I was going to buy Sakora one of those long training leads so we could practice recall

The lunge leashes are great for recall training! The only tip I have is try and get the lightest one possible, so it's not to heavy when the dog is dragging it around.

You can buy them really cheaply from horse supply shops and online (the horse lunge leads are perfect for using on dogs).