Husky missing patches of undercoat

Karmitely

My 6ish year old husky is blowing his coat. Shocker. But there are patches on his back and sides where it looks like he’s blown the entire undercoat. There are only guard hairs left? The skin looks ok underneath from what I can see. He doesn’t seem to have any other issues going on. 

He did have a rough few weeks. He was an innocent bystander when a skunk got startled and blanketed the area in stank. We bathed him with Nature’s Miracle skunk off and dawn.  I’m pregnant and was having major morning sickness at the time so he had to sleep downstairs and wasn’t getting a whole lot of snuggles for awhile. I tried to talk to him extra and give him treats and stuff to make up for the lack of snuggles. I just couldn’t get close to him without getting sick. Anyway, I’m wondering if this could be stress related? I know when he was pulled from the shelter a few years ago he had a spot like this between his shoulder blades. It obviously grew back and we never knew what caused it. 

Thoughts?

Archived