Help hacking husky but not kennel cough

Husky Grandma

Our son’s Siberian has always been small and needs a special diet due to sensitive stomach. She now has a terrible hacking cough . Vet said not kennel cough. Maybe allergies. She’s 4 yrs old. They put her on allergy pills but I’m not seeing any difference since she came here a week ago. Makes my heart hurt hearing her. She has gagged until she’s vomited phlegm. You can tell she’s unhappy. Any one have suggestions? Should we worry about cancer? How do we test for that? I don’t want to scare our son as Nala is everything to him. He’ll be getting a new vet, as they just moved out of the area where other vet was and will be with us until they settle. We all love Nala😢

Hoping someone has gone thru this and has advice.

Sounds awful for her, mine haven’t experienced this but a vet trip should be a priority, is she eating ok? Does she have a temperature? Could be any number of things, did the vet check for flu or bronchitis? Hope she gets better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Chelsea she’s eating like she normally does. No fever. I am trying to keep food in her tummy, As I am wondering if it has to do with acid reflux, but she’s such a picky eater  She’s been on this food for 4 yrs. We will talk to new vet about xrays maybe next. Just hoping for ideas in case others have had similar situations

oh and she’s been getting progressively worse. Started in November 

Archived