Shiloh has the runs again :(

Hi peeps.....

Shiloh has got the runs- real bad!! he started last night at around 6.10pm after his last feed...in the space of 35mins he had been 4 times :( it was jst like water comin out of his backside!! sorry tmi so early in the morning i know......

went on our walk lastnight and he went twice then...he never goes when we are out on walks!! i felt so sorry for him and the people who's house he targeted as i struggled to clean it all up :(

when we got back he went again....then again 4 times during night- thankfully outside and not in his crate!! jst been outside to clean it all up and it was really bad...piles of slop everywhere!!!

i feel so awful as its my fault he has it....im the one who he is with allday so it can only be off summat ive given to him....it will either be from the rawhide bone he had Wed or from the carrot he had yestd :(

im sorry Shiloh- didnt mean to make you have a poorly tummy unsure.gif

Tami x x

From experience, I've found rawhide sometimes causes the runs. It's something we never give as treats. I'd cut out the treats and keep him on his regular diet for a few days till it settles. Maybe add in a pot of actimel a day too for a few days to balance up his gut flora.

oh its bad alright...he is really quiet today...i feel so sorry for him, cant believe i gave it to him now....how long do you fink it will last for??

putting him on raw food from now on- starting with his last feed at 6pm

Tami x x

When ever my dog gets the runs I feed them rice and chicken, I also use pumpkin filling for veriaty, I do that for a whole 2 days, Thats what we fed the pups at the vet when they would come in with parvo, I have found that it has worked well for me IMO I dont usually let them her have raw hides either, Just femur bones for chewing

With him still having the runs i'd skip a meal and then feed half of what you'd normally feed at the next meal. Also make sure he's getting enough water as having the squits will make him dehydrated xx hope he's better soon xxx

Guest snowdog

oh its bad alright...he is really quiet today...i feel so sorry for him, cant believe i gave it to him now....how long do you fink it will last for??

putting him on raw food from now on- starting with his last feed at 6pm

Tami x x

nice 1 Tami hope it helps him, sure it will, keep us posted hun xx