Allergies & sensitivities

wolfpup

As most of you know Marley has 9 different food allergies - confirmed by blood testing.   These are all IGE allergies, (the most severe) which can lead to anaphylaxis & even death:

marley hurt NW Lab results - Allervet (2).

It appears as if Marley might have inhereted some of these allergies from his mother  (don't know as he was a rescue), but others were almost certainly because he was in contact with them (he was kibble fed before I got him) and others whilst he was with me.    He is high positive for soya and potatoes   -   these are the two that would trigger another anaphylaxis event if he ever comes across them again  - he is so allergic to them that I have had to eliminate meats that would have been fed these two foods during their lifetime (pork, chicken, duck, turkey   - even eggs, and all forms of farmed fish).   Normal, intesively raised, beef would also be on this list as they are finished on soya  - but our local butcher's beef is grass fed and finished on Barley.   I cannot buy meat at the supermarket as they do not know how the meat was raised  -  Morrisons certainly confirmed that their beef is from intestively raised cattle, not grass fed.   The others on his list might cause anaphylaxis - or might not  - but I obviously cannot take the risk.

His allergies caused the bleeding ulcers and is the reason why he got salmonnella  -  both now gone thankfully   - however it also caused his leaky gut  -  which could take me years to repair properly - and whilst it is still 'leaky' it can cause more allergies to arise.

I came across this article which I hope may be of interest to some whose dogs may be showing signs of allergy or sensitivity,  hot spots, patchy baldness, itchy skin, ears, bum, paws etc.   It might be worth filing away for future reference.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-allergies-the-ultimate-guide/

Archived