new husky owner. need advise

husky mum

hello,

my baby boy demonic is almost 8 months and he is still potting in the house. he also chews on EVERYTHING when no one is home. im not sure what to do. another thing is he dont like to listen at times. he is a good boy exept these things. please help

Hi how often is he being walked and how long for? Is he going to the toilet in the house while you are in, out or both? How often is he being let out to go to the toilet? Chewing is a sign of boredom or separation anxiety, how long is he left on his own for?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hi, he’s still young yet so he’ll chew on everything, particularly if left on his own for too long, as already mentioned it’s a sign of boredom.
Try using a safety gate to keep him in a safe place, I still have mine at the kitchen door. Husky’s are renowned for selectively choosing when to listen, they’re independent thinkers and can be stubborn at times.
At 8 months and still doing his business in the house it’s best to start again with the basics, take him out every 20-30 mins, even if he doesn’t need to go, lots of praise when he does it outside. If he’s doing it when you’re out and he’s home alone it can be a sign of separation anxiety. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Definitely start the house breaking over again.

I found doggy daycare works if I have to leave for long periods.

I also use kiddy gates to keep them in the safe area.

I am finding umbilical cord training has really helped with teaching the rules of the house.

What he is doing is very normal. Research training that is geared for Huskies.

Find a high value treat and give it only for: potty training, come, leave it, drop it.

Use a lesser but good treat for the other command training.

Archived