Is this normal for my puppy?

Phoenix_Moms

My 4.5 month boy Phoenix has been sleeping a lot lately, and his poop has been ranging from very soft, almost diarrhea, to normal. He is still eating and drinking, and I can still rouse him eventually to play, but it seems like all he wants to do is sleep? I know he’s young still, and might just be growing. He has been dewormed twice, and we are considering going for another round to try and solve the poop problems. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi, if you’re worried at all vet check is best, the diarrhoea could be due to over feeding or too many treats. My 2 are sleeping more than normal due to the heat, maybe it’s the same for Phoenix.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

PHOENIX could be dehydrated if your climate has been hot. He could be having a big growth spurt making him tired as well. (Though my male was crazy energetic at 4.5 mths old, puppies can sleep a lot throughout the day.)
Has he been checked for Heartworm and Parvo?? I would take him to the Vet to do lab work & stool sample. There is a series of shots like Distemper, Bordatella (kennel cough) that they need at various ages along with the series of deworming shots.
Let us know how he's doing. Hope this is helpful.
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived