Help - pup started peeing on our bed!

Racheld74

Hi! I'm new to this forum but figured someone may be able to give some type of insight. I have a 5 month old husky Pomeranian mix (1/4 pomeranian). She's usually very well behaved other than a couple of accidents in the house here and there. BUT starting a few days ago she has been peeing in our bed. This isn't while we're sleeping or anything, but if we're in the house and not keeping an eye on her for a minute or so, she'll go in for the pee (I don't think it's because she isn't getting attention, because she usually likes to keep to herself  anyway). She isn't letting us know that she needs to go out when this happens, she seems to just do it for no reason. We haven't changed much about her routine or anything, we've been bringing her out more than usual with the nice weather coming. Nothing much in the past week has been different that I can pinpoint as a cause. We did move apartments a month ago, but all seemed fine until now. 

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on why she might be doing this if maybe you've heard of experienced this situation before?

I'm also wondering how to get her to stop, of course.

Any advice would be excellent!

Is it fresh bedding in particular?  Reason being, our Frenchie used to pee on freshly laundered bedding to put her scent on it.  Sounds silly but if we rolled around on it first, then it smelt of us and she wouldn't do it.  Perhaps she didn't like my choice of fabric conditioner, lol. 

I keep all rooms closed in the bungalow. My two have an XXL crate and a bed down in the inner hall with access through the kitchen and 24/7 access via dog flap to rear garden/run area. Fresh water outside in two 2.0L bowls. 

My boy likes to shut himself in a room, then howl or 'myther'. I doubt if much damage would happen but they know the other rooms are out of bounds, unless we're  home and using them. 🤗

Archived