Harness scared/dislike

petertmartin

As soon as I get the lead out harlow is over the moon but if the harness comes out at the same time she's off and avoiding me like the plague. Tried using food to get her to interact with the harness but she knows better. Does anyone else struggle wih this? Should I persist in teaching her the harness is good? Can I teach her the harness is good?

I normally collar and lead walk her or let her off at the dog park every morning so it's not a big deal but I'd also like sometimes to walk her in a harness for greater control and not go through a 10 minute battle trying to outsmart her [emoji28]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

We have 2 who run away from the harness (we always walk on harnesses), always have done, for years. Conversely, we have 3 who jump into any harness going, just in case it's theirs. Then there's the 1 who just stands still. So, really don't think you have a problem but don't think it'll go away

Cai started doing this about 3 months ago, it came out of nowhere, I’d walk towards him with the harness and off he’d run and his head would touch the floor making it difficult for me to put it on! He doesn’t like it going over his head but I’ve persisted with it, I tried putting the treat in one hand and putting the harness on with the other, the only thing that works is to put Luka’s on first, (he has no issue) overly praise him and give him a treat, that’s when Cai comes over and sits down to let me put his on. He doesn’t have an issue with it coming off just going on.
Hope you find a solution [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived