Worms/ fish ... ew!

DoggoLover

Question about fish?? Anyone on here a fisherman? Or know a fisherman? [emoji23] or has experience of whole fresh fish please, .......

I was dividing up sprats to put in the freezer and when I was doing this I found a long worm in one of the fish it was maybe about 1-2cm?, it was curled up in a coil at one end, it was thin and kinda whitey-pale pinkish in colour and at the other end pointed at the end it moved like really slow ... I dont know what it is but I accidently dropped it in my kitchen and cant find it so its just roaming around in there... now that its in the kitchen can this affect me, my 2 yr old child or my puppy? Could it be harmful? Would it lay eggs in a a dry place like a kitchen? My puppy is 5 month old GSD/siberian husky. I've been keeping my 2yr old out of the kitchen just incase she picks it up by accident or something. Will she be ok and the dog? I'm really paranoid as I'm pregnant too ? ... how long will it take for the worm to die outside of a host? And will bleaching the whole kitchen help? Thanks.. please stay on topic of the questions [emoji847][emoji846][emoji252] ... also I'm in the UK and bought the fish from the fresh fish counter in a big supermarket. Tesco's :)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Well it probably won't hurt the dog if the got a hold of it. Just in case maybe worm your puppy if you haven't yet this month. Most worms in fish is normal but it won't hurt us as they can't survive in humans. My guess is it will be dead in a couple of days if not tonight.
🤗🤗🤗[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Congratulations on the pregnancy 🤗🤗[emoji178][emoji179][emoji179][emoji179][emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Bleaching the kitchen it will die very quickly bleach goes through the worms body and kills it quickly [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Well it probably won't hurt the dog if the got a hold of it. Just in case maybe worm your puppy if you haven't yet this month. Most worms in fish is normal but it won't hurt us as they can't survive in humans. My guess is it will be dead in a couple of days if not tonight.
[emoji847][emoji847][emoji847][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Congratulations on the pregnancy [emoji847][emoji847][emoji178][emoji179][emoji179][emoji179][emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Bleaching the kitchen it will die very quickly bleach goes through the worms body and kills it quickly [emoji4][emoji4]

Thank you! Im half 20wks lol ... aw good! Google is awful and I need to stay away from it lol.. talking about crazy worms that will kill you . I phoned my brother I forgot he's quite a clever guy, he has experience fishing, has hunting dogs ect.. hes going to sort the worming out for me tomorrow then a couple weeks after again ... i'll be giving the kitchen a good bleaching! Cant stand the thought of the worm in there ew! ... thanks for the info :)

Thank you! Im half 20wks lol ... aw good! Google is awful and I need to stay away from it lol.. talking about crazy worms that will kill you . I phoned my brother I forgot he's quite a clever guy, he has experience fishing, has hunting dogs ect.. hes going to sort the worming out for me tomorrow then a couple weeks after again ... i'll be giving the kitchen a good bleaching! Cant stand the thought of the worm in there ew! ... thanks for the info [emoji4]

I understand my sister brings earthworms inside in her bug jar every year. Lol I get it [emoji4] and Anytime [emoji2][emoji2]

20 weeks wow good for you [emoji4][emoji4] Babies are fun!! [emoji7][emoji8]

Aww no! When I was a kid I could pass as being raised by wild animals I lived outside! I ate off of tree's/bushes ect drank puddle water... but now oh no! .. yeah this is my second (3rd if your counting my fur-baby) [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My sister is that. She will be in the training areas digging for all the bugs in the areas [emoji23][emoji23] She blackberries and drinking water out of tree vines( I like that also tho) it's fresh and tasty. It's your third have to count the fur- baby [emoji2][emoji2]

Please be careful if/when bleaching. You don't want the fumes in the bleach getting to you, your unborn child, your baby or your dog. Maybe you can have your brother come do it and wear a mask. (One time I was bleaching my mother-in-law's shower, and later could taste the fumes...then came down with the worst case of bronchitis! Plus those fumes are very harmful.)
P.S. I would call the store and let them know, take back the fish or throw it away...but, no one eat it or your dog.
Good luck!![emoji171][emoji92][emoji171][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Archived