Prey drive

Josh092

ba484f955d04d26c723b549358f14dff.jpg18d2a0da7d559220173145055cbce22d.jpg I'm having trouble with my dogs frequently trying to kill any small animals, around my neighborhood there is a lot of stray cats, my dogs will hide in my backyard and won't eat their food so it will lure the cats to jump our fence and they will try to kill them, they have killed 2 stray cats so far! Need help controlling their prey drive or tips on not getting cats to jump my fence! Anything will help

Sent from my SM-N900V using Husky Owners mobile app

Theres not much you can do regarding prey drive, its just a strong instinct for them
Could you supervise feeding time and lift any unfinished food so as not to leave any in the yard?
You can get cat scarers to put around the perimeter and I've heard lion poo can deter cats ( they smell a larger feline and keep away) but where you'd get this or if it works I dont know [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Beautiful dogs btw! [emoji3]

Or feed the stray cats away from your property, they must be very hungry to enter 2 huskies territory!!

Prey drive goes back thousands of years unfortunately so there's not much you can do about it! Huskies would be released into the wild in the summer when they weren't working and had to hunt for themselves, hence the prey drive

Coyote rollers (Google this) are rollers on a cable sitting over & across the top of fences which keeps houdini pets in but also unwanted visitors out. Might be the best option. 🤗

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived