Have problem walking my 11month female husky

Josh092

She always pulling, and running when I take her for walks. If I use a collar she will slip right off really quick. I've tried some techniques I've done for my 2 yr old male husky which I can walk perfectly fine but it doesn't work on her any tips? No one wants to walk her when I'm at work.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

52bba4aeb7f51f707253b7d537588117.jpg&key=cc79c3c21f514e81bab442b6781d446993ac1674208dc15145ac44e8a106d2c0https://www.husky-owners.com/forum//applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/

Hi try a head collar, but not the ones where the lead goes under the chin as this pulls the head around. I got mine from Indi Dog and it's worked wonders with my 1 year old! The lead goes from the back of the head. He did slip out of it once so I've kept a harness on him with an extra lead on that for safety.
The other thing I would suggest is a slip lead, fasten it quite far up the head just behind the ears. That's what the trainer used when I had them round and it would great, but again keep a harness on them with an extra lead in case they slip out of the slip lead

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I've used a walkyourdogwithlove non pull harness on my boy who was a nightmare to walk , used a double ended dog lead and semi-slip collar so I have the extra safety and control too :) he now walks lovely just the slight pull back when he started pulling helped him realise walking calmly actually got him where he wanted to go quicker then pulling did

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

• 6 months later...
I wouldnt advise it. Head halters are dangerous can harm the neck if the dog surges ahead my vet said he has seen so many injuries from it. And dont work very well. Prong collars would be better. They dont harm at all, and cause less strain then letting them pull. I use one on my 3 year old that i got as an adult and they taught him nothing. If no one will walk get a prong they will make the walk enjoyable. Then when you can teach proper walking. ask me if tou want detailed how to. Also prongs they wont escape no chance at all and then they cant be hit by a car

Seriously love you need to back off you're doing my swede in

You think a prong collar is better than a halti, you clearly live on a different planet

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Just now, Rachael_Astro said:

Seriously love you need to back off you're doing my swede in

You think a prong collar is better than a halti, you clearly live on a different planet

Am glad that I am in a country where prong collars are also banned...

Just now, Kitten:D said:

prongs have no problems and haltis cause injuries

well then your country is very opposive 

no love my country is animal friendly and we prefer positive training against fear training....I have had a rescue dog that was fear trained and it is not nice to see...

I've never heard of head harnesses. Maybe that's the answer[emoji120] because my two babies pull the heck out of us...ALINAH is the hard puller. I've wanted to get a waist leash in addition to harness/leash setup in case the dogs would pull hard and cause me to fall.
I'm going to look up where to get the head harnesses. Thank you folks!!
[emoji847][emoji252][emoji252][emoji191][emoji191][emoji171]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I've never heard of head harnesses. Maybe that's the answer[emoji120] because my two babies pull the heck out of us...ALINAH is the hard puller. I've wanted to get a waist leash in addition to harness/leash setup in case the dogs would pull hard and cause me to fall.
I'm going to look up where to get the head harnesses. Thank you folks!!
[emoji847][emoji252][emoji252][emoji191][emoji191][emoji171]

Look at indi dog Angie, her head collars clip behind the ears not under chin so there is no neck wrenching [emoji4]

Thanks so much@JO!! I haven't heard of those until this helpful thread. I'll look up Indi dog. Maybe that's why I have a shoulder and elbow problem bcuz ALINAH pulls so hard. A few months ago, she pulled me so hard leaping to chase a rabbit causing me to almost fall & had to put my hand on the ground & about did a somersault. I cannot loose my babies. The head harnesses may work pretty well.
Thank you always!![emoji847][emoji171]

• 1 month later...

Archived