New hobby [emoji20]

Jo

So, Amy has discovered a nest full of fledglings in my clematis, she just wont leave it be, despite the parent birds dive bombing her, nasty dog doesnt eat them just thinks they are toys [emoji15] I love the fact birds nest in my garden but hopefully they will nest higher up next year! [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

The UK loses 35,000 birds a year to cats & other predators.
Please, If you can keep your furkid away from these young fledglings' nest, they just might survive or, the parents will stress out and might desert them.
They just need a few weeks before they can fly... it's an extremely fraught time for the parents just finding enough food for their babies without also fighting to keep a big fur monster away.... please? 🤗

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Maz51 said:

The UK loses 35,000 birds a year to cats & other predators.
Please, If you can keep your furkid away from these young fledglings' nest, they just might survive or, the parents will stress out and might desert them.
They just need a few weeks before they can fly... it's an extremely fraught time for the parents just finding enough food for their babies without also fighting to keep a big fur monster away.... please? 🤗

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

if the get caught they get caught nothing I can do about it...am not going to sit in the garden as a watchman...

tell that to the local cat owners as well then think the do more damage...

I'm afraid its just instinct, to be honest the magpies round here do more damage to fledglings! I cant ban her from the garden. I am going to cut the clematis right back next year and hope the birds nest elsewhere, preferably high up or next door!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived