Flying Across the Atlantic

I'm engaged to a lovely Englishman who is not sure he still wants to move to America when we're married, and is now wanting the dog and I to move to the UK with him. I love adventure and would love to live there for a while, but I don't know how I feel about flying my little Noodle over the Atlantic for 9+/- hours. The idea of her being in the luggage area where I can't see her or get to her freaks me out - mainly because there's been a lot of talk about airlines killing pets. Also, I don't want to have to leave her in quarantine for months. Have any of you flown your huskies on long international flights? I just want some reassurance that if I take her to England, she'll get there ok - otherwise I'm gonna have to convince him that America isn't so bad lol

7 minutes ago, Little Wolf Nala said:

I'm engaged to a lovely Englishman who is not sure he still wants to move to America when we're married, and is now wanting the dog and I to move to the UK with him. I love adventure and would love to live there for a while, but I don't know how I feel about flying my little Noodle over the Atlantic for 9+/- hours. The idea of her being in the luggage area where I can't see her or get to her freaks me out - mainly because there's been a lot of talk about airlines killing pets. Also, I don't want to have to leave her in quarantine for months. Have any of you flown your huskies on long international flights? I just want some reassurance that if I take her to England, she'll get there ok - otherwise I'm gonna have to convince him that America isn't so bad lol

OK you would have to check what the rules are but i think as long as they are vacinated and tested safe from rabies deflead and wormed something like 48 hours before filght you can come over, as to the flight i think in most cases it was with dogs being moved between planes for connecting flights whee they were leaving them in the sun and killing them. with your papers and such i think you would be talking about flying over in winter so that should not be a problem.

being silly but ith costs of flights etc why not take a cruise dog in a ship nice 2 week honeymoon cruise

1 hour ago, robke said:

check the rules with Defra in the UK https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

there are also special shipping companies that deal with animal travel...not all animal die while travelling in planes otherwise they would all be out of business...

over the last couple years in the USA there have ben a series of dog deaths caused by the carriers being left out on the runway in cases with connectiing flights in one case it was only a shrot time in 100 degree plus heat. its been a big issue over there as a lot of dogs travel cargo and having to catch two planes.

i know those were internal US flights where on most flight sudden delays caused these incidents...that is why I would always book a direct flight and a direct flight only...

on a silly side note lol

some US airports are now installing Doggy Toilets dunno how that would work or if i would let my dog use an airports public toilet

Archived