A Grrrreat Day

SimkasMom

Hey all good evening!  Simka here barking that i hope every human and husky had a grrrreat holiday weekend!  The sun FINALLY came out in Maine so we could all enjoy spending some time outside.  In fact, me and mommy were invited over to Grizz Lees house yesterday for a barbecue. His mommy Carol had not seen us since winter. Their family has still been greiving the loss of their hound, Bluedog. Both Grizz and Rusty have been down in the dumps all spring, missing their brother :(   Well, yesterday turned out to be a grrreat day for them: At the barbecue, they got to eat their first new pair of nike sneakers for the summer!  So yesterday morning, Grizz's doggysitter Rachel stopped by their house to help Carol cook and set things up. The boys were sleeping downstairs when she arrived and she and Carol talked out on the back patio. Well, all of a sudden there was a commotion and Grizz and Rusty dashed out of the house and right over to Rachels feet. From what I am told, the boys totally went nutso for what they saw:

http://BCF0098A-8B29-4546-9BDD-28967D034063_zps

Rachel had heard the boys had been having a bad time and she wanted to spoil them with a little treat to chear them up.  Rachel laughed as they crowded around and sniffed and licked and tasted her shoes.  Well, apparently the taste of new leather nikes worn on fresh cut lawn was too much for them and they instantly turned into big hungry sneaker monsters.  They trapped her in the chair where they proceeded to have a good hungry chew and tried to wrestle the nikes off her feet.  Carol laughed and she remarked that she guessed that she lost her helper for the morning!  The only response from Grizz and Rusty was wet slurping and growling sounds and it wasnt  long before Rachel was barefoot. Just then Carol asked if she could go to the store real quick. Rachel had to chase the boys downstairs to get her nikes back, which had been filled with lots of warm gooey newfie slobber and wear them to the store SQUISH!!!!. Rusty just LOVED them!

http://image_zpswgyqfvyc.jpeg

Well, me and mommy arrived at Grizz Lee's right after Rachel got back from the store. I guess the boys were waiting and tugged her nikes off again as soon as she set foot on the patio. They grabbed the nikes and ran into the woods to their favorite chewing spot where they spent the afternoon. They would come back every so often for some bbq food and treats, but head right back after. Boy oh boy, i had WAAAY too many treats there, but the bestest treat was seeing Grizz and Rusty happy again!  Carol sent a photo this morning of the boys. 

http://5DDF6C2A-1D4A-437E-A0DA-CBE810B68B58_zps

They were headed out to their favorite sneaker stash to enjoy Rachels nikes some more.  Apparently they claimed them yesterday and Rachel had to wear sandals home!  Wow I sure hope Grizz and Rusty get to enjoy lots of yummy new nikes and reeboks this summer. I mean, they had a terrible winter and spring and I just want them to be happy again. 

Simka

Archived