Husky obsessed with new kitten

We got a new kitten about four days ago, she's  three months old, and terrified of the Husky. Ever since we brought the new kitten home Tika  has followed me everywhere, won't take his eyes off the kitten, and obsessively watches her. If he believes he's going to get close to her, he will sit and almost whine/sing to her.  It's pretty funny to watch, but I don't know how to redirect his obsession with the new kitten. We adopted our husky from the Humane Society in Utah back in December of last year. We know absolutely nothing about his history other than he's about two years old and he came from California. We have two other dogs one is a pit – lab mix, and the other is an Australian Shepherd mix,  along with two other adult cats in the house.  Tika has learned the command "No cat" but it doesn't seem to be working with the new kitten. His interest in the adult cats is relatively mild, the only time he's ever taken off after them is if they run. If I am holding the kitten, he follows my every move whining. He's never been this talkative before, and though I'm loving the use of his vocals, I'm not liking the obsessed behavior he has with this new kitten. What can I do to change this behavior? I am attaching a short video that I took two days ago of him 'serenading' the kitten

IMG_1498.MOV

Hi huskies and cats don't really tend to mix well to be honest. Especially a kitten! My 2 always try to chase cats. Huskies have a very high prey drive and can't be trusted around small furries. When they were used as sled dogs by the Chukchi people for thousands of years, in the summer they would be released into the wild and would hunt for themselves, hence the prey drive. They would only come back to villages in the winter when food was scarce
Sorry to sound harsh but might not have been the best idea getting a kitten!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Well, it almost seems as if he wants to play with her, lay with her, I love on her... The most aggressive I have seen of him is when he gets out of the house and he goes straight for the neighbors rabbit cages. He doesn't act like that around any other animal I've seen so far.

Well, it almost seems as if he wants to play with her, lay with her, I love on her... The most aggressive I have seen of him is when he gets out of the house and he goes straight for the neighbors rabbit cages. He doesn't act like that around any other animal I've seen so far.

Aggression doesn't usually come in to it, my 2 aren't aggressive towards cats, squirrels etc but definitely want to chase

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I'll be deadly honest i have heard bad stories coming from similar starts to this. Huskies generally do have a prey instinct but understanding what this instinct is and acting on it are 2 very different things. The prey drive draws them to small furries such as cats birds, rabbits. Mine loves to Chase birds and Cats. He plays with cats quite often when he gets close.

But i have heard multiple stories of Huskies playing with Cats and without warning them tearing them apart. All i am saying is be careful.

Archived