HUSKY TREAT DRIVEN

TheIcePhoenix

I am looking to get some advise my Titan mostly follows my commands when he gets a treat otherwise he ignores and I have to grab his face and make him look at me and repeat the command and then he will follow the order, Titan seems to be driven only by Rewards. He never comes when called but he does know sit, stay lay, down/off, shake and leave it. I feel proud though because I have been doing all bit training and he is only 1y2m old. Any more advice would be appreciated tips tricks as well thank you

Sent from my SM-G935P using Husky Owners mobile app

I started Amys recall in the house and still practice it in the house, outside shes never off lead, be it a short lead or 60foot line unless we are in a secure paddock, I do the recall command all the time, with very high value treats - baked liver and home made tuna biscuits which she loves, she even came when called on her long line in view of another dog ( her worse distraction) I'm not saying, if she ever escaped she'd listen but I'm hoping I'll have some chance of catching her[emoji3]
Good luck with your training, its hard work but fun and rewarding and builds a lovely bond

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

www.successdogs.com
Check out the right way for positive reward training. .
Lure. Capture. Reward.
First you get your furkid/s to FOCUS ON you... watch listen & learn 🤗🤔[emoji41]

As you start in this MO so you continue. Call them by each name - they will turn and LOOK at you. Reward. After a few goes it clicks with them that they MUST look at you. THEN you move on to the next training session. The website SHOWS YOU how...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Sorry but I don't agree with you grabbing your huskies face, that will probably end up with aggression one day

Huskies do have a what's in it for me attitude, and will pick and choose when they listen to you. That's just their nature and I doubt you will have him listening to you 100%. Mine are treat driven too but even with treats they don't always listen!

If you teach him to look at you then you won't need to grab his face, it's taken me quite a while to teach my two to look at me and then one day it clicked with them.
When I'm teaching them something new I reward every time until they've mastered it and then when I use the command I reward every 3 or 4 times, I use a lot of praise and hugs, they're still learning as they're still young.
My two are very independent and can be stubborn at times, so I don't teach new things when they're in that mood, no point as they wouldn't listen anyway.

Huskies are know for doing what they want when they want...if you do not want it treat driven I have used the small it down everyday treatment, thought to me by me LOL... I would use smaller treats everyday until there was nothing left...now 99% they will sit, down, and come in from the garden etc just for a tickle under the mouth....  never pull head towards you to get attention that will do the opposite of what you want  trust me LOL...

This is ongoing with Bear...he's like a teenager lol. For me, I ONLY give treats when he does something he really does not like to do, like going into his crate when I leave for work. Other than that I find I have to be extremely dominant with him as he is constantly trying to challenge me. No violence, but very stern commands and being very assertive in how I interact with him, especially in training. When I'm not trying to command anything from him we play quite often. For me, and for him, being a stronger, more assertive leader works best with him. Never off leash in an open area though lol

Archived