Dog matic head collar

Jo

I have been recommended this head collar and wondered if anyone had any experience of it, thinking of it as a training aid and to give my poor arms a break! I ha e been trying lead training - stop, start, change of direction which seems to be helping even tho it can take us 20 mins to get to the end of our street!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I don't like the ones that lead from the chin as it causes the dogs head to jerk to the side. Indi Dog makes great head collars where the lead attaches to the back of the neck rather than the chin :) I would suggest you put a harness on her as well as head collars can be wiggled out of, Indi Dog also makes a safety link going from the head collar to the harness.

Failing that you could also try a walking belt to give your arms a rest!

I am a big fan of easywalkers a bit like the walkmydogwithlove ones...even my wife can walk both of them at the same time and mine pull!!!  not a fan either of head collars but then there people who swear by them,,

oh and a walking belt does wonders as well...

Thanks everyone, I have a front leader harness for her which helps ( til we see a dog, person, leaf...!!!)I've checked out indi dog and think I'll go with that - now what colour to choose...... dont think I'd get away with the hot pink I'd be the sole walker in my house!! [emoji23]

1 hour ago, mylo said:

Not trying to rub it in but think I am one of the lucky ones my wee man dose not pull he walks beside me at all times strange might just be cause he's still young tho

you could be lucky....somehow doubt it but let's see in a few months...:D

Archived