Getting up at night

Arjun 2016

Arjun has been quite perfect at night...at 4 months he was going through the night only having to get up once.

He is now 4 and a half months and the last few nights he has been waking sporadically...12am, 3am, 1am etc and wanting to poo.

Any ideas why and how can we prevent this? The only thing we have changed is we have gone from 100g in morning, 100g in after noon and 150g in evening to 130g in morning, 80g in afternoon and 150g in evening (though one day we gave 170g in evening to try and increase his intake).

He has also been licking and swallowing crap on walks...chewing gum and an apple core.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

Ok so we are beginning to erase his lunchtime portion.

It has gone to 160g in the morning...40g at lunch and 160g in the evening.

He is getting up and pooing in the middle of the night and today it was very loose. Shoulf inincrease the morning and decrease the evening one?

What time is his evening meal and what time does he go to bed for the night?
Ours get their evening meal around 5pm and then go to bed at 11pm. We always get them outside just before bed time for toilet and usually they've pooped by then and are good to go until the next morning.
Pups do go to the toilet a lot more frequently though than adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

What time is his evening meal and what time does he go to bed for the night?
Ours get their evening meal around 5pm and then go to bed at 11pm. We always get them outside just before bed time for toilet and usually they've pooped by then and are good to go until the next morning.
Pups do go to the toilet a lot more frequently though than adults.

We feed him at 7pm...last toilet at 9.30pm and bed at 10pm

What are you feeding him?

AmyF, Sent from my Note 5

Jameswell beloved fish kibble

If his poo is runny maybe he has a sensitivity to the fish?

AmyF, Sent from my Note 5

Nah...poo is solid. Really annoying coz i think he is now in the habit of pooing at night.

I think maybe in the evening i will play with him...feed him and then walk him. Is it okay to feed then walk??

So could he get up...feed...then walk?

It's best to feed them after the walk rather than before. Doing it before can lead to bloat, and although a domestic dog obviously doesn't have to hunt for its food, feeding after a walk will make them feel like they have worked for it and it will still be in their instinct to 'hunt' then eat

It's best to feed them after the walk rather than before. Doing it before can lead to bloat, and although a domestic dog obviously doesn't have to hunt for its food, feeding after a walk will make them feel like they have worked for it and it will still be in their instinct to 'hunt' then eat

Okay

Archived