My puppy doesn't want to eat

Eddgiee

My Siberian husky is 4 months old, I feed her Wellness Core dry and lately she doesn't want to eat, I even mixed with wet food and she refuses to eat, I try to get the plate near her like that she can smell it and she will go away. I even try to change her to Merrick but she won't eat it either. Can someone help me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Try a change that will take her right through to adulthood... and a little raw won't hurt... she needs the equivalent of her adult requirement but spread over 4 meals a day fir at least 6 mths... then three then two by a year.

...Take it or leave it.. here's what sorted my two.... welcome to the husky world!

After three trials this regime now works beautifully for my two.. anddc07308d921068245235f101211789f2.jpg they do look and feel great.

Northern breeds don't carry wheat/gluten tolerant enzymes. Nor for lactose; however a canine Rep supplier told me Dec 2016 SOME other (smaller domesticated) breeds have begun to show a tolerance to wheat & gluten free.

I feed mine *Excel in a variable amount from 1/4 to 1/2 small mug per day over two meals - dependent on their work-in-rig or exercise regime mode.
Excel is ideal for pups, nursing mothers and through into adulthood.

Check your pet's weight/looks..if they're  looking too heavy reduce by 1/4 cup measure & wait a week. 
Adjust portions to your pet not just to the recommended one on the bag - it is merely a guideline. 
!! Pups may need the same amount as their adult equivalent however, it is spread over the day in 4-5 meals... they grow in spurts and expend more energy but also need to be watched they're not thin during growth.
*High active/working dogs require a higher % of protein, and a careful balance of fat.
Excel is £22.99/15kg bag & this works out the best affordable feed regime for me.
Observe salt content too.

NB cat food is higher in salt hence why not recommended for dogs.

Kefir yoghurt has been proven to break down lactose intolerance but, it also provides THE best 'good bacteria' for a healthy digestive system with no %-age  loss of good bacteria through the stomach acid.
● It is recognised as a probiotic suitable for dogs.
Damn good for us humans too and, @ under £1.00/litre....
For convenience too, & which can be kept in dry storage (into fridge once opened), I also add a qtr Portion of raw from Albion (only thls is frozen - beef, +tripe,  +fish); but (in raw vacpac): Lovejoy,  Forthglade  provide very good wheat/gluten free varieties in meats, to fish (omega), veg rice. These vary from £1 to £1.20 per pack but my local pet supplier usually gives me a discount as I stock in a monthly shop.
I also get my antler horns (not recommended for pups until 2nd teeth established as teeth cracks have been reported!), chicken feet and gravy/marrow bone treats from him.
Recent research has also blown the myth that kibble takes longer to digest than raw; it doesn't.  However any raw bones chewed up do.

It IS recommended that if feeding ONLY RAW then one meal a day.  Research.

Dave Wood posted interesting article/s on his FB timeline.. regarding & including the
Ten worst dog foods. Take note.

So, mixing kibble and raw is not bad.
I add a flat tspn of Coconut oil per meal with two tblspns Kefir and a dash of water. 
They get 3 raw eggs in the week incl crushed-in shells (calcium) + chopped vegetable from our stock too.
A frozen carrot after cleans their teeth up beautifully.
On average I spend £45 pcm & the Excel can last over two months.

NB. Training is vital too and by six months you'll know how intelligent these are.. look at
www.successdogs.com [emoji4]
a8af68aa50b342f832b28003fca0ac3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi I think 4 months is a bit young for her to switch to adult food.
Don't leave the food out for long - no longer for half an hour. She will soon learn that's what's she's getting take it or leave it!
How long has it been since she's eaten properly? You don't have to worry if it's just been a few days as huskies don't need as much food as other breeds
Don't switch her food too much as it will upset her tummy. Wet food isn't great for her teeth. Stick to 1 brand, and if you decide to change her food do it gradually
It might be worth taking her to the vet just to make sure everything's ok

I have a 3 and a few days old husky puppy and this is what happened to me.
I give him merrick and i mix it with sweet potatoes broiled so that he gets a good taste. (Sweet potatoes is loved by most dogs.) when i give him the merrick food by itself he doesn't it. I always mix it with small amount of carrots, chicken or sweet potatoes.

****** Also when and with him in the same room he doesn't eat because he only want to play, so i leave him alone and when he finishes I come back*****

Hi I think 4 months is a bit young for her to switch to adult food.
Don't leave the food out for long - no longer for half an hour. She will soon learn that's what's she's getting take it or leave it!
How long has it been since she's eaten properly? You don't have to worry if it's just been a few days as huskies don't need as much food as other breeds
Don't switch her food too much as it will upset her tummy. Wet food isn't great for her teeth. Stick to 1 brand, and if you decide to change her food do it gradually
It might be worth taking her to the vet just to make sure everything's ok

Agree - I did mention that Excel is ideal for pups, nursing mothers and to continue into adulthood..
Wasn't sure if you were commenting on my post - no harm done..lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks to everyone for your advises. Today after almost a month she finally ate with out begging her or feeding her from my hand, I mixed her Wellness Core with a teaspoon of sweet potatoes. She ate all... I was so relief I thought she could have been sick. [emoji240][emoji252][emoji1317][emoji7]

• 4 years later...

Pets need very good care and it can be anything. But I think the problem may be your collar, and your dog has a sore neck after walking. I would suggest that you try to feed him before walking and see if he will eat food. You can also try to change your collar, maybe you bought a low-quality one, I chose my own one on Leashes & Collars and have been using it for 3 years. They are inexpensive and durable. I have a small dog so this collar is very good for me, if it is not in the collar, try to go to the veterinarian for help. Because such a disease can cause a very serious problem for the health of your dog. Be careful.

Archived