Blanket houdini

Rachael_Astro

So I've read that putting blankets over your dogs crate helps them settle (Astro's started barking since Koda arrived), it worked the other day however today I came home to both blankets IN his cage! How he's got them through the small gaps has baffled me!

70a854efd4cb9bf5743abfda36cc3e16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Try using a duvet cover and if the cage is not massive put the cage in the quilt cover i have a large cage and a super king size quilt round it

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Husky Owners mobile app

Good idea! :)

tongue and front teeth can get a lot done...LOL

Haha definitely! Ahh well least it kept him entertained!

Ooo thank you! I've got 2 XL crates but ones shorter in height than the other will have to get them measured up

I only cover top and half way down sides - front not. Mine like the 'den' but want to be able to see through around - the rear is against the wall.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

I've also used a table throw/cover. Black/Red. The red side comes out over Christmas.. then it's turned round again.

ah so you have a case of a walking crate with a husky inside...LOL  this is a serious I would call the crate doctor....[emoji3]

Haha definitely! Would love to have a dog cam to see what they get up to

• 3 weeks later...

I only cover to half or 3/4 way down from top. They still want to see! And old curtains from charity shops are good to lie on.. hard cold pans aren't. Once it looks like they're not ripping up stuff you could get a tough lined bed mat that can be unzipped and put in the wash.. they can get a bit dog-smell niffy!
Hard surfaces like these can give early arthritis..

• 4 years later...

I agree. This is very reliable. It's a nightmare to actually get a husky away from a blanket. We go through 3 a month. It is insane. Our husky recently got a new obsession though. I recently got myself a weighted blanket since i have trouble falling asleep, and am overall prone to anxiety and insomnia. It took me a while to find the one I actually liked and one that was able to handle our ancient washer at the laundry mat. I finally did find one that I liked both ecstatically and that was physically sturdy enough to handle the rough conditions. (I ordered mine of here: sommio.co.uk. You guys can check it out) Well our husky claimed it and now he will not let it go. He sleeps with it and amazingly enough it is still in one piece. I mean he did chew on the edges a little bit but it could have been worse. Honestly it is very cute 

Archived