Gone through Quarantine?

jelharou

I was wondering if anyone had put their dogs through quarantine to get them into the country? Morocco is not part of the PETS program so I'd have to put Yanky through a six month quarantine if I wanted to bring him over to London. He is an outside dog and loves being surrounded by people so I'm not sure he would cope well with the kennels.

We just miss him terribly and are starting to look for different options.

thanks

-jaafar

i've never done this so prob not much help, look into how they are kept and how far from where you live he will be kept also if it is poss for you to visit him as often as you can,i'd hate to do this but to get my baby with me i would as long as i can visit him as much as i could good luck it must be so hard on you both xxx

Is your country on the pets program list? If so you can get the dog chipped etc and all it's injections including rabies...then you have to wait 6 months or something then the dog can come into the country. There is a way round the customs but as above, it takes lots of planning and no doubt expense.

I suggest you find the government website and start looking it up

Good luck!

i can sympathise with you over this. i would want micha and suki with me if i ever moved anywhere, but the 6 months in quarantine would be hard on a husky, however im sure huskies have been in quarantine when they first came to the uk, so they obviously can cope with it.

good luck in what you decide, and sorry for not being of any help

Thanks a lot for understanding.

The 2 approved premises in the London area for the quarantine are:

Chingford Quarantine Kennels Ltd (www.chingfordkennels.co.uk)

Airpets Willowslea Kennels Heathrow (www.airpets.com)

We'd have to visit them before making the decision, and then put the money aside of course tongue.gif.

Thanks a lot for understanding.

The 2 approved premises in the London area for the quarantine are:

Chingford Quarantine Kennels Ltd (www.chingfordkennels.co.uk)

Airpets Willowslea Kennels Heathrow (www.airpets.com)

We'd have to visit them before making the decision, and then put the money aside of course tongue.gif.

Don't know either of those kennels. The one we used was Wey Farm - they were absolutely brilliant! It's run by real dog people who know what they are doing. It's in Surrey, just outside London and easily accessible from the M25.

Mick