Found This Interesting

Clare70

The more I read the weirder the article gets to me. It's almost as if up until now we thought of dogs as mindless creatures that only followed simple instructions and oh gee, suddenly we learn they can actually differentiate between individuals.

I suppose the interesting part is that it's now officially on paper, but unofficially this was already known [emoji6]

I don't think it was trying to claim it had reinvented the wheel, but as you say it's nice to have it on paper :)

It was the trust part that intrigued me, not surprising when you think about it but since there was a study proving it........ It just goes to show that with one slip up we can loose the trust of our dogs, ie if we don't reward each time, whether that be a cuddle or food or just lots of praise.

Also the dogs with behaviour issues, for those that have dogs like that (and there seems a lot on the forum at the moment) being consistant really seems to be the key :)