confused by KC breed standard (kira's weight)

Sid_Wolf

ok im confused, i read the breed standard, which says that an adult bitch should weight between 16-22Kg.... well kiras just under a year old, and shes about 24kg...

i dont get it because i can easily feel her backbone, i can feel every rib, tho there is a thin fat layer over them, and her hip bones are quite prominent... so i dont think shes overweight... in fact, MIL thinks shes underweight...

it also says that those weights are the extremes, so if im understanding them correctly, kira is heavier then their top end weight :blink: this cant be right with how skinny she is, and she's not a large (as in tall) dog either....

and will she be full grown at this age?? shes been this big for a couple of months now i think....

i dont think white huskies get as much furr ..?

dont they?? you havent seen my bag of fur then lol... could be wrong tho, she doesnt seem as fluffy as some of the more common colours, but she seems to be dropping LOADS atm.... lol

Our boy is 39kg hes a BIG sibe. When we went to pick him up from SHWA Terry said she was sure he was inuit when she went to assess at RSPCA but once he was home and washed etc his sibe features came through. I don't worry about breed standard as long as my boys are happy and healthy I don't show so it doesn't matter to me. My mums sibe is 35kg and hes pure sibe.

Stacy x