Snakes...

So my brother who moved out (the one who got ice and then decided he didnt want him) has now decided he doesnt want his corn snake, so ive now brought her down to the living room and it looks like im going to be looking after her... sooo any advice would be excellent - thanks :)

easy pets to look after, only need fed about once a week, clean fresh water and change of bedding every so often - they only poo after they have eaten so if you clean it up asap then the whole tank doen't need done so often. Does he have a heat mat for her? My son has one and she is over 4 feet long now. I am taking her to work tomorrow to show all the nursery kids. Due to health and safety etc I won't take her out but they will still be able to see her.

Fascinating creatures but already several teachers have said they will not come into the room as long as she is there.( I do sympathise cos if it was a spider then I would be the same).

I usually have to remind my son to feed, water and clean her out but she is fun to watch especially feeding times unless you are squeamish about seeing a poor wee mouse being eaten whole. It might be worth insatalling a lock on the tank cos It wouldn't last long if the dogs found her.

I have a corn called fanta and hr is easy to take care of aa above :)

Only thing I can add to the above is when she sheds make sure all the scales are off from around the base of the tail ..... google corn snake in blue and that will give you what to look out for :)

the dogs arent interested in her x i fed her infront of them both and they walked off haha, she feeds on large mice, her viv is only 1ft long i think so im a little concerned that its too small - cant afford a bigger one yet, just spent 35pound on her getting her a proper waterbowl, two bags of apen bedding? and the mice, she seems happy, defffo need a clean out, shes a female. she does have a heat mat that i have about 1/3 of the way under her, shes sharing the shelve space with the tarantula & fish LOL

the smokey eyes? at the moment she isnt shedding in whole.. ive heard that means that shes stressed? frankly i think its where she hasnt had water or food or been cleaned out.. shes just been fed earlier so im going to leave it two days before cleaning her out. 

haven't named her... any suggestions?

Yeah if she's just eaten dont mess with her for 48 hrs or she could bring it back up.

How long is she? A 1ft viv wont be big enough I dont think so o would plan on changing that on the future... ideally they should be able to stretch across the back and partway down one side. My viv for example is 3ft and fanta is about 31/2 foot with a cold and warm hide and a log thing to climb over will get a pic.

Smokey eyes will clear in a day or two then after around 4 days she will shed if she struggles lightly mist the viv once a day to bring the humidity up a little

ooh, okay, shes 3ft i think and ive been told the viv can be half her size due to them being scared of open spaces?

that looks so cool! haha thats the waterbowl i just bought her :P

my brothers put way too much alpen in there,

how thick should the bedding be?

oh I really don't like spiders. My neice had one when she lived at home. Our snake is called Rhianna as she belongs to my son and his name is Ryan.Just been out to buy more bedding and my other son has decided he would like a bearded dragon for his birthday so is home with leaflets to read up on.

Might be too small......those ones in the pic dont look too secure. ....you'll need a vivarium lock and make sure the air vents are on the right way as they are strong snakes and can push them out

You can get a really good price .... cheaper thab on the link ... on ebay search 3ft vivarium you will pay less than 60 with delivery x