Little limp after laying down/sleeping for a long period.

Hi all,

My Bailey has started to limp after sleeping or laying down for a long period.

After he gets moving the limp isn't visable.

I have spoken to the vet and they said just to keep an eye on it. He is happy to put weight on all legs so that isn't an issue.

I was thinking of resting him by not taking him to the park or for walks for a few days just to rest it.

I may of been over exercising him too :( as Sasha needs a good run at the park or a long walk so Bailey comes along too.

Bailey is 5.5 months will be 6 months at the end of December.

Any advice please.....

If the exercise time is more than say 30 minutes, and it's fairly active exercise, it may be too much. I think your plan to let Bailey rest for a few days, may be a good idea.

Aloha,

I think that the rest that you are planning is the best remedy if the vet doesn't think anything is wrong, I also have to agree with Mazz regarding Baily may be over exercising depending on the type and ammount of exercise you are doing with Baily.I have also been advised by my breeder and vet that I shouldn't run or work a puppy prior to 1 year because the first year they are still growing and developing. They also told me that it is okay to take them on walks and for them to run and play.

I hope Bailey feel better soon because it is way to soon for joint / arthritis...