Priorities

BlueWolf

I knew my priorities have always been a bit weird when it comes to news and animals but right know even when there's a bit safety concern in the neighbourhood all I can care for are the animals. I can take all kinds of news and ignore it but when I know it involves an animal I can't forget about it. I'm probably not the same in this.

Tuesday night there was a big explosion in the garden of a house a couple of streets away apparently. Wednesday when I was walking Wodak through the part I was met by a big fence that blocked everything off. In the last few weeks there have been serious issues between various biker gangs and on of them apparently lives there and was (most likely) targeted with a bomb thrown into his neighbours garden. Destroying a fence and some windows. Nobody was harmed luckily. He claimed he has no idea why it happened and says he has nothing involved in it but nobody is really believing him at this point. The police has set off a big area for research and is probably the best secured area in the entire city right now. Although it's close to home, I haven't really been following the news really.

But right in that locked down area is someone I know that has two huskies that I frequently see. I saw them in the front garden yesterday too. So there has been an explosion threatening the lives of many people, and the only thing that stays in my mind is that I seriously hope they don't get involved in this one way or another. I'm worried for them. Am I weird in this? :(

D: I'd be either knocking on that house's door or call them if I know their number. Making sure they're safe and all. In case if I had my own place I'd offer them to spend a night or two until the whole situation clears up. Wouldn't want the other neighbors know though. I know it sounds totally unfair to worry about someone just because they have dogs... but people can protect themselves and dogs can't :( plus, I'm just that kind of person :shrug:

EDIT but most of all, I'm glad you're safe, Jos! 

D: I'd be either knocking on that house's door or call them if I know their number. Making sure they're safe and all. In case if I had my own place I'd offer them to spend a night or two until the whole situation clears up. Wouldn't want the other neighbors know though. I know it sounds totally unfair to worry about someone just because they have dogs... but people can protect themselves and dogs can't :( plus, I'm just that kind of person :shrug:

EDIT but most of all, I'm glad you're safe, Jos!

I would like to follow this up, or at least wrap it up for now. It's been a week ago and everybody seems to have forgotten about it by now. The screens have been removed a couple of days ago and the last time I walked past it they seem to have been replaced by a single security camera. One that is exactly right in front of their house, and can pretty much only monitor their home.

Added to the fact that I frequently saw them with bikes in the front garden (and besides, the big statue of a man on a bike doesn't lie about it either) makes me come to the conclusion they were the ones being targeted here. Oddly, it seems they keep their dogs outside most of the time (and quite visible too).

If it was me in that situation and even if I wasn't the one being targeted, a big explosion just two/three houses away from you (for which still isn't known who did it, and why) would really make you think twice before leaving your dogs outside unsupervised, right?  :mellow:

Anyway, I think it's beyond the point that I can say it's my business. This is their problem and their issue. I'm not here to judge them.