Zoey Smells! Badly! Help

zoey

We woke up this morning to find our zoey's room (she sleeps in a cage in another room) smelling terrible! and it isnt just the room that smells terrible its Zoey! everywhere she goes she brings this awful smell with her. and the smell is strong and can be smelt from several feet away.

We havent changed her food, or exercise. We dont give her people food. The only thing she gets is peanut butter kong, but weve done that for over a year. 

Her fur smells and her body is emitting the awful odor. 

It smells like sour laundry, like you left it to long in the washing machine. very sour pungent odour. 

What on earth would cause this?

shes a 1.5 year old spayed female.

Our two girls, spayed and going to be 1 this month also smelled like this a couple weeks ago!! Everywhere they went it smelled and where they laid it soaked into the carpet and stink and their room stunk and as their cages.i cleaned so much and I still can't get rid of the smell but I no longer smell it on the girls and I didn't do anything to get rid of it I tried a bath and it didn't work I tried cleaning the whole house and all areas where they are and they still smelt bad!! It just finely went away last week kind of I can still slightly smell it not as bad but I'm at a lost of what it is!! Hopefully someone has some good advice

my ice is 14 months old and for the first time about 3 weeks ago he started to smell but only on his paws, it smelt like stagnant water you could smell him before you saw him, I tried washing his paws but they still stank. in the end I thought perhaps it's a husky thing anyway it went away on it's own, but it does come back now and again for a couple of days. I wondered if it was a kind of sweat as this never happened in the winter.

ya it seems like its her face that smells not her butt. the smell seems to have gone down a lot since this morning. its possible she got into something outside last night and it got all over her face and paws. 

We woke up this morning to find our zoey's room (she sleeps in a cage in another room) smelling terrible! and it isnt just the room that smells terrible its Zoey! everywhere she goes she brings this awful smell with her. and the smell is strong and can be smelt from several feet away.

We havent changed her food, or exercise. We dont give her people food. The only thing she gets is peanut butter kong, but weve done that for over a year. 

Her fur smells and her body is emitting the awful odor. 

It smells like sour laundry, like you left it to long in the washing machine. very sour pungent odour. 

What on earth would cause this?

shes a 1.5 year old spayed female.

My Mya has been having this exact issue since July. I spoke to my vet about it who said it may be a yeast infection and gave me a special shampoo to try. This had no effect on her smell so I took her to the vets who could smell her from round the other side of the counter!! This different vet wasn't too sure but thinks it's because we have had really hot weather here lately and because she has think fur (she doesn't shed properly) and thinks that why she smells. She gave me another different shampoo to try twice a week for 2 weeks to see if it helps and if not I need to phone her and let her know. It has helped quite a lot, although I don't know if it's the shampoo that's working or because it's not as hot here. She does still smell but just not quite as bad. May speak to the vet again tomorrow. 

Edited by cas