nukka and nalla eating too fast

when i feed nukka and nalla they eat way too fast and its like they arent even digesting all of the food. its not like im starving them either. they get fed 5 different times a day and the right amount. but each time i feed them they act as if ive never fed them in a week. i dont want them to get bloated from swallowing air or nothing like that.

ive tried putting a huge rock in their food dishes and having them eat around it but that doesnt work. they still scarf it down and dont even chew their food. and when one gets done with their food then they go running to each others food dishes like they are seeing if theres anymore. im feeding them the right mount the vet told me to but damn its getting annoying because its high quality food and i dont want them to waste it.

post-723-1358594512644_thumb.jpg

post-723-13585945126919_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine uses a bowl like the one above from Sarah, and it works really well.

I used to have to put a kong in my guys bowl, which is the same sort of idea as your big rock theory.

Perhaps they're just getting too excited about meal time? My guys used to go crazy jumping up when I was getting their food ready. Then I started making them sit and wait nicely, and THEN I would put down their food bowls.

It took a lot of patience on my end, but they eventually figured out that they weren't getting any food until they were calm and relaxed.

As for your other problem of them eating out of each other's bowl.... the only solution I have is to litterally stand between them and act as a referee - correcting them immediately if one tries to go for the other one's dish.

Again, it'll take a lot of patience and consistency with Every meal, but if they're like my boys, they eventually learned that Timber eats on the right, Jasper eats on the left and no sharing (except for the water bowl) :D