What should I feed Maya??

I need someone to help me by telling me what the best food to give her is so she grows bigger and gets enough nutrients. I feed her bakers biscuits and mix with different types of meat e.g. pedigree, bakers etc.. but seems shes not growing very much don't know if shes just slow at growing or if its the food but any help would be great cool.gif Remember i'm from u.k so please no suggestions from the u.s. as i prob cant get the food suggested.....

Feeding Bakers / Pedigree chum is like feeding your kids nothing but Mc D's lol (sowwy)

Each pup will take to brands of food differently but as a general rule look at the ingredients, protein needs to be at a high level, in bakers for example you'll have animal deriatives eg feet, hooves, all the yukky stuff they wont give us to eat. then you have grains, fillers and ash - bleurgh

There's a few good brands around that members use personally, i feed my boys on Burn's High Energy Lamb and feed Chicken wings / frames about once a week or a bit more to help with their teeth.

If you decide to change the food (which would prob be best) make the change gradually, don't do it all in one go, this way she will take to it better and wont get the squits :)

Check out this website:

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

It contains information for just about every kind of dog food available on the market, and then rates it according to its ingredients.

Personally, I feed my boys Orijen 6 fish. It's high in protein (a must) and completely grain free. It is more expensive then say a grocery store brand, but by giving them the best nutrients you can, you'll actually be saving money in the long run with reduced vet bills.

I also like to give my boys a couple meals of raw food each week. I'd like to switch them to a raw diet entirely in the future, but right now, the convenience of kibble is just too much to give up. In my mind, I give them the best kibble I can, but at the end of the day, it's still a processed piece of kibble.

Best of luck in your search.

Have just started on this, and Max seams to like it..

http://www.versele-l...19554&pro=19572

£28 for a 15 Kg Bag, anyone else used this, any thoughts on it?

Al

Haven't tried it but it does say the main ingredient is rice 40% which isn't very good. sad.gif

We have Sabre on Wainrights but he is getting bored of it