kodah and the kitty!!!

well let me start of saying kodah was not raised around cats.....well a stary kitten was in my backyard and kodah zeroed in on it it...the kitten had crawled under a bush that kodah could not get under....so i herad the "meowing" and kodah excessive barking. of i went to check what was the matter.so i found the cat frightened half to death, i brought it out towards the front of the house hoping maybe it would just leave , but of course it didnt, so me being the animal lover i am decided well it neeed to eat and be loved..so i took it to get its shots. i just recently started letting it in the house because its starting to get to cold to sllep outside. now the cat gets along fine with my beagle"babygirl" and corgi mix"buddy"..but the cat hates kodah and i'm sure kodah feels the same.i have intriduced them many times, but kodah is to rough and scary and the cat just flat out hates him.the other day the cat was sleeping on my bed and kodah was in the fenced up kitchen when all of a sudden he cleared both fences and went directly for the cat.....he had it in his mouth viscously shaking it.......of course i seperated them....kodah was repremanded and put back in his area...and the cat was calm again in his area..........i will not get rid of the cat just will be more cautious when they are both in the house ...any other owners have cats and sibes?

Oh yes...... Scooby was raised with a cat (Tigger) and she used to carry him around by his head, they were best friends!

Nanook unfortunetly killed 1 when he was young!

Mushu, ever since i came home with him, chases Minnie. She is nearly 18 yrs old and is gettin very peed off with him. Nanook and Scooby get swiped all the time but luckily pup hasnt been hurt..... soooo far!

I moved back in with mum n dad 3 yrs ago so the older 2 have had time 2 adjust to the cat, Mushu on the other hand thinks shes his own personal play toy!!! Its just something u will have 2 put up with but cos u have just introduced the cat into the family i really dont think things will change, my advice.... u may not like it! I think ur kitty may get hurt so possibly it would be better to find a new home for it.

The last thing u want is for it to get hurt and u cant watch Kodah 24/7

Prob not what u wanna hear but thought i should be honest.

I hope everything works out x

Oh dear :(

I had Bella my cat for 3 years before I got my boys but I brought them into the house as pups and they got to know her - a few scratches on the nose later and they now stay out of her way lol

They occasionally follow her if she wanders into the kitchen or something but other than that don't really bother with her.

The other day, she was drinking out of their water bowl and Kasier just watched her, sighed and closed his eyes lol

well i never leave them in home unattended. cat usally inside when kodah outside or when its kodahs bedtime in the kitchen then the cat and beagle babygirl are in my room with dr closed.

Oh yes...... Scooby was raised with a cat (Tigger) and she used to carry him around by his head, they were best friends!

Nanook unfortunetly killed 1 when he was young!

Mushu, ever since i came home with him, chases Minnie. She is nearly 18 yrs old and is gettin very peed off with him. Nanook and Scooby get swiped all the time but luckily pup hasnt been hurt..... soooo far!

I moved back in with mum n dad 3 yrs ago so the older 2 have had time 2 adjust to the cat, Mushu on the other hand thinks shes his own personal play toy!!! Its just something u will have 2 put up with but cos u have just introduced the cat into the family i really dont think things will change, my advice.... u may not like it! I think ur kitty may get hurt so possibly it would be better to find a new home for it.

The last thing u want is for it to get hurt and u cant watch Kodah 24/7

Prob not what u wanna hear but thought i should be honest.

I hope everything works out x