Swine Flu

Damrod

Trust the media to mess things up

ok science lesson hopefully not to much.

human flu is one of 3 families a, b, or c (the a, b and c are related to protein binding)

c type is isually ignored because it seems to be a very fragile virus that does not spread massivley

a type, and b to a smaller extent cause the typical "flu"

of the "a type" flu there are 3 strains H1N1, H1N2, and H3N2. these are the only types of "A flu" that people can catch

a large percentage of seasonal flu is the H1N1 strain.

what they dont tell you is there are multiple subtypes of each strain of the virus that effect all different species.

so why the panic?

well simply put the 1918 spanish flu was an h1n1 variant swine flu that mutated into human form, roughly about 30 alterations to 4400 amino acids, and the odds of this are incredible, because it has to be the right alterations.

obviously someone has gone omg its a swine flu that mutated into human form panic, before seeing how deadly it is.

now as luck would have it, its not a very deadly virus, yes it is highly infectious, but so far it seems less deadly that seasonal flu, and one of the reasons for this is that seaosnal flu hits the vulnerable i.e. the elderly and the young. this current flu seems to be mostly affecting the middle group teenagers and adults, whos bodies can cope with it better.

i have had swine flu, got tested for it (at doctors request i was there for something else). and i can tell you that i have had way worse colds.

infact its a good thing to get the current swineflu, as it will teach your body to cope with more deadly forms of swine flu

before the media is allowed to report something they should have some sort of ethics board to pass, or at least have all the facts

the amount of people who i have heard saying omg i know someone who has had swine flu aggh panic. even after all this time when people are aware that its not that bad, the media still seem bent on winding everyone up.

if you have had flu and felt really bad this autumn/winter you have probably had the seasonal flu not the dreaded swine flu.

ok rant over