mat removal tools???

Izzy is tough enough to brush as it is, she absolutely hates it. I'm able to get almost her entire coat everytime, however the fur around her neck is very thick, almost mane-like, and she developed some pretty thick mats behind her ears and a few where I apply her frontline on her back. Any suggestions other than cutting them out? Know of any shampoos or conditioners? Thanks.

we used to use the furminator too, a lot on here do, and I found another tool that a few have tried & love it as well, an undercoat rake, the prongs are on springs so won't dig in the skin & each prong rotates to untangle knots - see these threads:

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3618&highlight=undercoat+rake

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4457&highlight=undercoat+rake

Bo doesn't care for being brushed anymore either, so i understand your dilemma. I have an undercoat rake that works wonders when used with patience, patience, patience, treats, more patience, and more treats.

Sometimes you'll find that if you can get under the knots, even just a bit, they'll loosen up and come out more easily. I don't like cutting them out, and IMHO, overuse of a furminator can cause more harm than good.