HELP spoiling gone wrong

My Natascha is the same way she is not allowed on our bed because she has a bladder problem since the vet fixs her and everytime she on the bed she pees and i tell her no to get off and one day she treat to bite me and i got the spay bottle and i say want a bath and she get off right alway lol.

Cypra has a bladder problem too! She was diagnosed with urinary incontinence. I would take her out to pee every hour, but she would still pee in the house, on the bed, etc. Have you had Natascha tested for it? Cypra is on pills for the rest of her life, but one pill a day makes the world of difference! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my philosophy is what has made it possible for me to have them off leash (not recommened for huskies!) I believe dogs need to know their pack leader is accertive and CONSISTANT with his/her commands (the pack leader does not have to look like Hercules, or have the strength of Kingkong... it's all in the mind!).

I hope you can find the right method to improve your beautiful babies' behavior, but whatever method you choose, there are some things that are very important to remember:

(1) BE CONSISTANT

(2) BE ASSERTIVE (never, never, ever lose your cool...watch your voice tone and volume)

(3) and remember that training NEVER ends!... it must be continuous because dogs live in the "now"... repetition is essencial for success.. and consistance is imperative for them to understand what you want...

Sandy, You should SO write a book! Out of everything I have read in reponse to my question, I must say that yours is literally the perfect method to follow. Cypra I can have off leash, I trained her and she for the most part is 100% WONDERFUL. We are still working out a few kinks, but who doesn't have any of those! I just wish that Cypra would follow my rules everywhere. Last night while Derek and I were watching a movie Cypra tried to test her limits again by jumping on the couch. This time I only had to tell her 2 times to GET OFF (I also had to snap my fingers) before she finally got off. Today she hasn't tried anything, but I have yet to leave her alone, so we will see. My husband is on board with me to train her, but he is a sucker, and it's hard for him to say no to her. (I'm the mean mommy who does all the "dirty work" haha). So I have a question for you, if the dogs don't happen to listen to you (which I think yours will no matter what) what do you do? Still grab them by the collar and tell them no?

By the way, I am SO impressed that you can take pictures of your dogs and they listen to you to pose! I'm jealous, want mine to do that! :)

with any training if a dog like you have to be the pack leader, and that means confidence.

if your not confident it wont work, regardless of the method used.

when micha was a pup we used the dominance roll, after nothing else worked, this worked for us.

now she is nearly a year, all i have to do if she misbehaves is look at her and say no.

it is down to confidence, if you are not confident then you need the help of a dog trainer

About 70 years of luck then bec for my family, shame i dont have the same luck with the lottery...

Sorry i know im 32 but i believe in the old way is the best way, nowaday there is to much pussy footing around things in life...

Do not watch people like Cesar as it dont intrest me as i think its all bollocks, like you said he has been bitten in what 10 years of doing his job, 70 years of old fasioned way no bites to 10 years of the pussy footing around way......

i believe he gets bitten because he takes on cases no one else will even try to, and what he does is teach people to be the leaders.

the few times i have seen him bitten is by dogs that have been way way way to humanised.

wether you agree with his training methods or not, you have to agree that he is making people open their eyes and realise their dogs have a problem, that has to be a good thing.

plus he gets instant results with him, it takes longer for the people to learn how to treat their dogs

i believe he gets bitten because he takes on cases no one else will even try to, and what he does is teach people to be the leaders.

the few times i have seen him bitten is by dogs that have been way way way to humanised.

wether you agree with his training methods or not, you have to agree that he is making people open their eyes and realise their dogs have a problem, that has to be a good thing.

Maybe i should start watching him........

I'm not a completely anti-Cesar, I just think some of his methods are outdated and dangerous. That doesn't mean I have to disagree with all of his methods or messages, I think he's on the ball when it comes to people giving their dogs the wrong signals because they treat them too much like people.

I've seen him bitten several times on his show and he himself has admitted he's been bitten hundreds of times, that alone makes me uncomfortable when I hear anyone recommending methods like the alpha roll. If someone as experienced as Cesar gets bitten all the time, what does that mean for your average pet owner?

At the end of the day we have to ask ourselves if it is ever ok to put ourselves in a position where our dogs feel they have to resort to biting us to protect themselves. Is it ever ok to get bitten? Does it matter that the dog had been "way to humanized"? You just have to ask the people who've had half their face bitten off because they've alpha rolled the wrong dog and I'm sure they'll tell you it wasn't worth it.

My trainer takes on cases where the dogs are extremely aggressive, "red zone dogs" as Cesar would call them - he's never needed to alpha roll them nor does he recommend it. Cesar's way is not the only way to train aggressive dogs.

There is some stuff I agree with about the Dog Whisperer, some I don't. I do believe he knows what he is doing, but I justdon't agree with some. Like for examply the dominance roll. I am completely against that. I think it overpowers you against the dog and makes him/her fear you. But that's just my opinion...I am not smashing anybodys method and if it works for you, then awesome! :) With Kai, he was alpha rolled when he was abused, so he will try to fear bite if you try to do that to him. He is not comfortable being on his back and I cannot teach him to "roll over" because when I get near him to touch him to get him to roll, he freaks out. Cypra, growing up in a family with a bunch of kids, is used to being rolled around, jumped on, etc so nothing phases her. When I first got her my neighbor told me to try the alpha roll on her (and Cypra was my first dog and I had NO idea what it was) and after I did it, I didn't want to do it ever again. But as I said, if it works for you, then good for you! Every dog is different.