Food Advise

We are currently feeding our pup Willow on a very similar food to 'Gusto', which was recommended by her breeder. I am just wondering what food other Husky owners feed their pups and dogs?

Willow quite often has diarreah and I wondered if this was because she is a puppy, or whether it is the food we are feeding her?

She also has very bad breath which I assume is also down to her food, I have given her a chew which is meant to improve this smell so watch this space!

Thanks

If you are in the UK, I don't think Taste of the Wild is available there. Zoya is on that as well. I would look for a food that is grain free if you can. At least avoid wheat and corn. Also look for a food that contains three sources of protein, lamb, chicken, beef for example, and be certain they are the top listed ingredients if at all possible. Keep in mind that chicken meal, is not as good as chicken.

Do as Kayla suggested and get your dog's stool sample checked. A pupply should not have bad breath. So if that does not clear up after switching food (and yes, do it over a period of five or six days)

hello

our baby boy niko had the same problem when we first had him at 6 months old we changed his food to try and find one that worked with him, we did in the in end one but after abit the diarrhea came back so we tryed feeding him the same as a foster that we had in for a week and it work, so niko now has raw chicken in the morning and his kibble of a night.

i feed P@H own brand :D did feed wag for a while but found out she liked P@H cuz she stole some of busters lol. but not much gives her a funny tummy, i can switch food around straight away and have no problems

We also use a P@H brand: wainwrights dry food and we also give her natures diet wet food for a treat coz she loves it and that tends to make her quiet solid if shes getting runny... but it could also be the amount your feeding, young puppies need little and often so maybe try splitting her feeds up, I had to put Nukka on 4 a day when we first got her as she had terrible runny poo. Good luck!