Slightly Confused!!!

A dog scooter is considered human propelled compared to a rig which is considered as dog propelled. This allows the scooter to be used in far more places than a rig.

When starting out, look for places that are relatively quiet, where you and your dogs will not be disturbed or distracted. Look for trails that are easy on your dogs feet sandy and grassy tracks are kind on paws and pads.

For your first run with your dog, choose a familiar trail. A good choice is to take the dog to a fun place he's used to visiting, so he has a destination in mind like the park. A recognized trail is better than an open field because a dog does not know the direction to take when facing an open field. A narrow trail is better than a wide one. If you can, bring a family member or friend on a bicycle, and ask them to ride in front of you.

It is advisable that you wear a helmet, gloves, good athletic shoes, long sleeves and trousers. Remember to always take poo bags, water and your dog favorite treats. Always be courteous to other dog walkers and people you meet whilst out dog scootering.

It is important to know that, before you start training with a rig in public places, you first must obtain public liability insurance cover. There are a few schemes on the go out there, so again ask around to find the best deals. Once you have your insurance cover, you must then seek a permit from the owner of the land.

Having read this on the Snowpaw Store website - I am now slightly confused!

I was under the impression that public liability insurance was needed to run the dogs on a scooter if they are pulling (which obviously they would be), but according to this I don't. If i've read this correctly (which i may not have) I can use a scooter in many different places, and only need public liability insurance for a rig!

Right..........you need public liability insurance for running on a rig to get your permit, on a scooter no-one can enforce you have public liability insurance, and you do not require a permit to run! However I would strongly recommend you get the insurance amyway ;)

For 22.50 ingle, or 25.00 you can join Siberian Husky Club GB and that gives you 3rd party insurance!

http://www.siberianhuskyclub.com/membership

Well worth that small amount! Just imagine how much it would cost you if you where out on the scooter and you took some one out on route, they fall and break a leg....cant work for 6 weeks and you end up in court! ;)

• 4 months later...

Is this a differnt insurance than than a solo dog insurance. that would be covered under plc. i.e Miki is insured and this does cover public liabilty cover. so would i need another insurance then for using a rig as well??? as bit confused now or would this insurance cover this also without having to get another policy?

thanks in advance.