Witness a sibe giving birth ?

Guest snowdog

Guest snowdog

Just a quickie, if anyone knows any reputable breeders that arnt too far away from were i live, and have a sibe thats due a litter,ive got plenty of time before neeko would even be ready if i decide to go ahead, so it doesnt have to be immediate just if someone knows of an upcoming litter, would you mind letting me know so i can approuch them about being present at the birth, i dont know as this is even possible, but sarah had this great idea as it would give me first hand experience in to what the breeder and dam go through, thanks everyone.

Guest snowdog

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can rescue very young pups, say like if the mum was resued and she was pregnant ast the time, as if i dont let neeko have a litter i would want maybe to recue a youg pup so it sinks in with the rest of the pack, rather than an older on that may have issues, just wondered if anyone had experience with a resuce centre who would know thanks guys.

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can rescue very young pups, say like if the mum was resued and she was pregnant ast the time, as if i dont let neeko have a litter i would want maybe to recue a youg pup so it sinks in with the rest of the pack, rather than an older on that may have issues, just wondered if anyone had experience with a resuce centre who would know thanks guys.

I don't know about where you are, but we found our pups after searching petfinder.com. Not sure if it's just a US site or not though. We also checked husky rescues online. We looked for about a year, just casually "If we got a house, what dog would we adopt") and then once we knew we were closeing on our house, our search turned serious, browsing every night. When we saw Haley's ad on petfinder, we immediately sent an e-mail in, and the next day she was ours.

We adopted Haley (approximately 1yr 7 months when we got her) and her pup, Kahtadin (about 10 weeks old when we got him). They were nervous at first and took some time to settle in, but we couldn't ask for better dogs. They love people, love other dogs, are great in the house. They have no papers, but we don't care as we had no plans to breed them (Haley's already been spayed, and Kahtadin will be neutered in December or January when he's old enough).