diabetic

ice

Ok diabetes can present its self in a variety of ways, not all symptoms have to be present for a dog or human for that matter to be diabetic.....excessive thirst, weight loss, confusion, a sweet smelling odor (a bit like pear drops) cxan be smelt by some people! If you have any concerns then get down the vets and get a test, its quick and easy to check the blood sugar so if diabetes isnt a problem you should have a definate no there and then! Best of luck Ice

thanks lucy, its shadow we are woried about, he is drinking and peeing a hell of alot, every 5 mins he is peeing and it not just drops every time it is alot, he is always looking for food and when every he is fed its like hes been starved and he rushes to eat it then looks for more, he is small for his size but he always has been but i have put that down to the fact he was removed from his mum at a young age and was only getting fed once a day, theres no smell and he is very full of energy

drinking an peeing a lot.... maybe some form of a UTI? Or the other thought I had, kaiya was small when we got her. She would eat a lot and fast, but as she put on some weight she slowed down a little. I figure she wasn't getting enough at the breeder and was "trying to catch up" so to speak.