Openions on collars...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on Garres

First I want to appolagize, my computer has been down :(

I have since gotten Garres a gentle lead collar. And WOW what a difference! He doesn't like it, but he no longer walks me :) I had to get him the large size, and the fitting was a bit difficult, but I had my vet fit it for me and now we have no probs.

I am now 8 months pregnant and can walk both of my dogs at the same time :) My 7yr old can even walk Garres now :)

we have 1 of these harnesses for kavik as he can pull hard sometimes but i don't always use it on him. works well though & has fleecy padding going under & between the front legs.

http://www.pettastic...aining-92-p.asp

lol... thats what I was trying to describe before hehehehe

Its practically the same just without the chest plate.

• 2 weeks later...

My husky is usually good on the leash with a regular collar, I let her run ahead when were running just because its easier, but when we walk, I make sure that she stays right by my side and slightly behind me. Off the leash she tends to stay within 50-60 feet and its fine as long as she comes when she is called. I dont let her off the leash as long as we walk by the road though. My other dog (a beagle-lab mix) and she loves to follow her nose and not listen to anything else. she shot out of the house once and ran right into the road, got hit by a car, and broke her leg. It took me a little while to be able to let my Laika off the leash.