Canidae dog food?

Conman

So we just adopted a Husky Lab mix puppy! The foster family had been feeding him Canidae dog food, So we have been continuing to feed this to him. Doing some research about the food on the web I found a whole storm of consumer complaints blaming the food for everything from skin and coat problems, diseases, and even death! Most complaints seemed to have coincided with a change in their formula a few years ago? I called our local pet store where we buy the Canidae from, and she said they have had heard of the problems and said currently there are no problems with the food and the problem was apparently fixed? Anyways Should I be feeding my puppy Canidae? Or is it going to kill him? I mean he likes it, and his poo looks fine. He doesn't have an upset stomach, and if that's what he has been eating since he was born then I should probably continue with it. Or should I slowly transition him to something else without so many complaints? Thanks

I don't know anyone who feeds Canidae, so I am not sure. Which Canidae forumla is he on? Is it just the regular all life stages? I was just curuous because I know they have a grain free line, and I would go grain free for your pup, if you can afford it! Taste of the Wild is a very good grain free food for the price.

Yes he is on the ALS Canidae. I heard that young pups shouldn't be on the grain free until they are older? My last dog was on The taste of the Wild food, maybe I will try to switch him over to that. I really just want something that isn't going to make him sick or hurt him. The Canidae has sooo many complaints on the web, but then on their web site is tons of testimonials saying the complete opposite. I don't know what to trust, but I feel that is so many people went out of their way to say how terrible the food is then it must have some truth. Sounds like they switched the formula awhile back and didn't tell anyone, then the dogs that had been on it for a long time started having problems. could all the angry consumers just be from this change in formula? The dates posted for the complaints range from like 2008 up to march of 2011. Anyone know if this Canidae is poisonous, or do people just have an ax to grind because they didn't tell people about the change in formula?