The TV industry is driving me nuts. . .

aronoiiel

My parents got me a ps3 for christmas super cool right? Well I have an old 20" tv (think it's called crt) and obviously the quality is well not good haha. My dad wants to get me a new tv for my bday coming up but wants me to pick it. Again awesome right? WRONG! I HATE tv shopping always have always will. There's just to much technical crap and it's all confusing :( To be honest I'm really dumb I don't understand half of it and really I do try really hard to. I research my tiny brain out and I still don't get it :( I'm just not smart enough. All I want is a tv that will play my games in a good quality. Give me a computer I put a better graphics card in it and upgrade the ram easy fix. Why can't tv's be that easy?

So, to all those tech savvy people on here what would YOU suggest for a gaming only tv? I don't have cable and watch most movies on my computer (with my old crt monitor :P) so all I really do need it for is my ps3. I've heard all kinds of suggestions from alot of places and they all naturally contradict themselves >_< I was eying a Samsung 40" 1080p 600Hz but it's Plasma. I've heard they fixed the burn in issue but then I get another story saying they didn't so idk. Then I was looking at an LED but got told they don't last long. I'm not a fan of LCDs cause my brother has one but shadows so bad you can't see the screen if your not sitting at the right angle . . .ARGH!

I know that refresh rate is the most important while looking at gaming so if I have to settle for a 720p I will no problem but the question is LED, LCD, or Plasma. . .thoughts? ? ?

You know more than I it seems. I do know Samsung makes Excellent TVs. We have a 55" DLP 1080p and a 50" Plasma 720p; both Samsung. Most of the gaming done in our house is done on the DLP. If you go to www.crutchfield.com, you can compare and research various TVs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Interesting site thanks Dave I'll totally check it out :) I know enough to know not to get swindled into something I can't afford lol but finding a tv in my dad's price range with what I'd like to have is proving annoying :( Ideally I would like a 32" Samsung but they only have 60hz and 720p which is quite irritating. I don't mind the 720 so much as the refresh rate. . . I love Samsung though best quality I've seen out of all the brands; or I"m just being biased :P

I believe we have a Sony Bravia...38"? We bought it a few years ago, so it's probably an old model by now. But it does full 1080p, and it works wonderfully with PS3, Xbox 360, and even PC gaming. I think its LCD, though I'm not sure. It doesn't shadow like usual ones.

My brother knows all the techie stuff, he hooked up the TV and hooked it up to the computer and all the gaming consoles.

I'd go for a Full 1080P LED because my Toshiba Full HD LED looks way better than my full HD Panasonic LCD which was state of the art when I bought it. But the below article says I'd be making the wrong decision. I would try to stay away from the entry/budget line models if possible.

LCD vs LED vs Plasma TV