mobile internet access question

loops

I may be going down south to visit the parents at christmas and as much as i love them, it can be a bit of a bore after a while. They do not have sky or a computer/internet access, which is what i want ( to see who wins the raffle on christmas day!) I have a compaq notebook.When i got it, it was a mobile phone package freeebie. i mostly only do HO and a bit of fb,ebay and email so dont require loads of space or speed. How do these thingies work and is there anything in particular i should be looking for?

Can usually get a dongle from a mobile phone shop. You basically just plug it in, install the software it tells you to, then pay for some credit. When you go to your browser your usually presented with a page you can pay for some credit on.

Must warn you, if your planning on watching the live feed when we do the draw it will eat up your credit.