Help with calling native database driver

Tripled

Hi Guys,

We've got an application that's using an XML file for config, and we're having some problems calling the 64bit ODBC. Comes back with string length errors.

Spoke to some people from the company via Email, and the only response was that we need to use the 'native database driver' rather than the jdbc-odbc bridge, but no example came back!

So my question is how do I call the native database driver?

Here's the slice from the XML file:

<database>

<driver>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</driver>

<url>jdbc:odbc:ClientDatabase</url>

<user>test</user>

<password>test</password>

</database>

well that was easy :D

You would think!

It actually needed the jdbcsql4.jar that wasn't included in the installation files (Thank google for JDBC V3 download), adding the jdbcsql.jar caused problems because it's not compatible with JDK6, and having it in the library meant that it wouldn't recognise jdbcsql4.jar!

After a lot of faffing about getting it to work, I then had to explain it to there helpdesk who asked me to send an Email with the details ..... guess my Email will be posted in their support FAQ.

Phase 1 completed ....... I can now directly do a SQL lookup into 1 field, BUT if I want to call a where statement and use the previous field as a variable it falls over!

Some reprogramming of the JSP files got it working as I was using a SELECT field rather than a standard TXT field.

Phase 2 completed ....... Onto some more SQL lookups ..... and guess what! They've changed the colour scheme, but not updated the CSS for the SQL Table View popup's.

:mad: Does no-one test software anymore??:arghh: