Any ideas

what kind of commands do you teach.. seems like im almost out of ideas!

Suka can: Sit, Stay, Sit/Stay 5 min w/distraction, Sit/Stay w/treat on nose, Down, Up, Drop, Shake L&R, Bed, Crate, Corner (for kitchen), Come, Outside, No, Ahhh, and relece command Ok which she gets on a dime!

working on distraction outside with strangers and other dogs right now seems to be alot more of a hassle then i thought lol

im working on teaching turn left and turn right but not too sure how to go about teaching running infront of me so we can get a head start on pulling ( without accualy pulling)

i dont like the roll over command as it really has no use for me.. so any other ideas would help she seems to pick commands up quite quickly and i go over all the commands 2-3 times a day so she doesnt forget them all.

what kind of commands do you teach.. seems like im almost out of ideas!

Suka can: Sit, Stay, Sit/Stay 5 min w/distraction, Sit/Stay w/treat on nose, Down, Up, Drop, Shake L&R, Bed, Crate, Corner (for kitchen), Come, Outside, No, Ahhh, and relece command Ok which she gets on a dime!

Depends what you want to train her for :D

I do obedience so I teach things like:

- formal heel work

- automatic sit

- down on the move

- return to heel

- stand and stand for examination

- I have started teaching a formal retrieve (have got my dumbell already!)

And obviously down/stays and stand/stays. I also teach these commands with both hand signals and voice commands so they can do either or.

working on distraction outside with strangers and other dogs right now seems to be alot more of a hassle then i thought lol

Do you mean it's too high a distraction level for her to comply with your commands? if so, I would work on getting obedience under these sorts of distractions as it's the hardest thing to teach and even harder the bigger and older the dog gets. I prefer to have a smaller range of commands but have the level of focus and compliance I want from the dog in a variety of environments and distaction levels.

I wouldnt say im working on any particular commands but we are doing training. I have been working mainly with them outisde on different things like their prey drive (they pay attention to me not the bird, rabbit, squirrel, etc) I have also been working on heel work with them too which they are improving on but they wont go straight to heel its mostly in front of me but on a loose leash unless there are loads of distrations about which is where the prey drive training kicks in.

My main focus at the moment is I would like to have then running in the harness either on the bike or scooter or a rig at some point so I am also teaching them different commands that they need to know for that too which I will do throughout the whole walk as everything else (apart from the heel work) can also help with this :)

all good ideas. and yes i am currently working on major distraction as much as i can find. she does listen but not for too long yet so we are working hard on that one. i also use hand signals for the command also, even if i look at Suka one way she will ither sit or lie down

she does heel forgot to add that not too sure on the formal heel tho dont know what that is lol she can walk beside me doesnt like to look up too much but she gets treated when she does.

very new to this dog traning thing but she picks everything up so fast thought i should have some ammo ready after were done everything i have wanted lol

all good ideas. and yes i am currently working on major distraction as much as i can find. she does listen but not for too long yet so we are working hard on that one. i also use hand signals for the command also, even if i look at Suka one way she will ither sit or lie down

she does heel forgot to add that not too sure on the formal heel tho dont know what that is lol she can walk beside me doesnt like to look up too much but she gets treated when she does.

very new to this dog traning thing but she picks everything up so fast thought i should have some ammo ready after were done everything i have wanted lol

She sounds like a great dog with lots of potential!

Keep any training session you do in a distracting environment really short and work your way up slowly. Always end when she's working really well as opposed to when she loses interest, even if it is only a one minute training session. That would be my biggest suggestion at your point in training as it can be the biggest problem as the dog gets older (lack of focus in distracting environments). I also make it clear when we are training by saying something like 'ready to work?' to get the dog revved up.

Formal heel work is just more precise, the dog must stick to your heel and focus on you, they can't lag behind or walk too far in front. You incorporate things like right and left turns, right about turns, left about turns etc. That's only for competitive obedience though or a bit of fun :)

i do the sits, stays.. waits, etc plus the wait before going thru doorways allowing me thru first.. go to bed etc.. not that i have to say it lol as when i let them out for last time in eve for wee wee.. they come back in and go straight to bed now... also when out walking i use a whistle for recall and also for when they start going wrong way .. 1 quick qhistle and they turn and realise they are heading wrong way lol

yeah we also do the sit/stay at doors which is quite helpful at the front door i dont have to say anything and she will stay there untill i say so

that is untill she feels like bond and crawls on the ground and makes sure she doesnt look at me.. only happends when she is tired but its funny

Gizmo is good at sitting and waiting around the house like when opening doors, before food, when he has his lead put on and taken off, etc and he is very good and sometimes automatic :) Marley and Bandit are ok but still working on them with that.

also when out walking i use a whistle for recall and also for when they start going wrong way .. 1 quick qhistle and they turn and realise they are heading wrong way lol

you use a whistle? Did you loose one on Sunday? One was found on the floor on sunday.