Cheap Servers for PHPBB?

Staceybob

Hello!

Me and my partner are looking to set up a PHPBB forum but PHPBB required you to host it yourself. We don't want to spend a lot of money on setting it up as we're not sure if it will take off, so we're looking at the cheapest option possible to set it up.

Any ideas?

The cheapest plan I've found is $107.95 per year, which for people on benefits - is a lot of money, particularly when its a support site that we're trying to put up.

Stacey xxx

Ah cheap one is oneandone.co.uk, all you would need is the 1&1 Home plan, its £4.99 a month, first 3 months are £2.49 and this includes a free .co.uk / .me.uk / .org.uk domain name.

To run PHPBB you need a PHP enabled server and a MySQL database. If you need any help setting up let me know, I've set up loads of these forums :)

If you just want to set up for a little bit I can host for your for free, I have a server with 1&1 and plenty of database space. But i dont know how long it will be active for as i have not renewed. (Should be atleast until March 2011)

best regards

Rich & Kody

Edited for spelling mistakes (bet i missed a few!)

LGBT Youth and support =]

Stacey xxx

PM me with details of what kinda member level you are likley to expect etc. May be able to sort you out, or at least point you in the right direction if not