usb for phone help

i have a USB cord for my phone (sony ericsson W995) to upload my pics from my phone to my laptop - the usb broke so i got a new 1 - it arrived today and its connects thru my phone cuz the little symbol pops up on my phone screen but it doesnt want to connect on the laptop - usually 'media go' (what i use to transfer my pics which installs when u first connect the phone to the laptop using the usb) pops up automatically - but it isnt now?

ANY ideas on y!? - and how i can fix it? - i have some awesome vids i wanna upload

Maybe this will help :)

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sonyericsson/sonyericssonw995/sonyericssonw995userguides/264818/exchanging_files_and_contacts_between_the_w995_and_a_pc.html

If it's picked up by the PC you should see it in "Device Manager", you can access that by right clicking on "My Computer"/"Computer", then device manager. It should be in there somewhere if it's seen.