Harness looks too small

Hi there

Just got logans manmat x-back harness from snow paws.

Measured him as per instructions on their website and bought a medium harness based on his neck measurement of 22 inches .

However when i put the harness on him last night it looks way to small at the back . the neck seems to fit fine as i can get two fingers between the harness and him, however it looks to me like it is too short at the back.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated as this is the first x-back harness i have bought and am no expert.

Please see photo below

gallery_1679_475_7403.jpg

cheers

Adjam

yep it does look a little short but-then even when you measure along the back -the harnesses are always shorter-its the clip that takes it to the tail-in length-but yours does look about an inch too small-my kaisers xback is similar.

i would probably get 1-or 2 size up to give a little bit of stretch for him-as it will be tight enough around him when he is pulling.

yep it does look a little short but-then even when you measure along the back -the harnesses are always shorter-its the clip that takes it to the tail-in length-but yours does look about an inch too small-my kaisers xback is similar.

i would probably get 1-or 2 size up to give a little bit of stretch for him-as it will be tight enough around him when he is pulling.

(See how the clip takes it to the start of the tail)

:) so i think 1 size up would be better for yours -looking at the pic again :)

post-1535-13585950924303_thumb.jpg

Recieved Logan's new harness from Snowpaws , and its a much better fit that the medium .

Big thanks to Vikki at Snowpaws for the great service and a big thanks for all the comments on here.

biggrin.gif

Will try and get a picture of Logi in his new harness the next time i take him scootering

Adjam

Looking at your photo, the issue might be down to his shape. On shorter, squarer dogs, the sides tend to ruck up around the ribcage and shorten the harness, but solution is what you have done: Go up to next size B)

As a rule of thumb, when the harness is on and pulled out straight, the back part of webbing, where the loops attatched, should sit on the croup, then when the lines attatched to the loop, the clip should be clear of the dog and not bounce on their back :).