Separation Anxiety

Lucy Lu

Hi All, We are the proud new owners of a beautiful husky. We are so fortunate to have found a year old girl that has a good start on training. However the one area we are working on is being on the lease for walks but my husband and I are both retired and have the time and patience to work with her.  My only concern is we have only had her for about 5 days and we have not left her alone at all. We want her to be completely conformable with her new surroundings. But this morning it dawned on me that we may be spoiling her a bit. We may be retired but we are a very social couple and go out multiple time a week. Now that she lives with us she is completely an indoor pup. We don't have a crate and I really don't want to put her in a crate if we don't have too. Any suggestions on how to help her though the adjustment of being left alone for a few hours at a time? 

Archived