How do I stop my dog from constant biting.

Terek

I have a 13 week Siberian husky who is very playful. Playful to the point were he bites a lot when played with. Even in general. When he’s being petted by me or groom he would want to snap. And it sometimes is a growl snap. Idk if I should be worried. I’ve tried many things to make him not bite by saying “no biting” to giving him a toy. Any suggestions?

57577DB1-461C-4434-9E34-8CA14FA5C5F7.jpeg

What a beautiful puppy!! Love his prominent face mask!!
I think you're doing great by "redirecting" him with a toy.[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]
My ARMANI bit me (not maliciously) the entire first year... it started at 12weeks. I completely understand what you are feeling. I adopted a second Husky and no bites and awesome play & love!![emoji171]
*Keep saying, "no bite" and redirect. If you have a puppy rope (2-3ft), you can play "with him" and drag it along the grass. You can roll a ball and he should chase it. You can play "Hide & Seek" with him. You can get some training treats and teach him to "sit," "shake" & "lie down" to start. Do 5-10-minute training sessions daily or twice a day. (That's about all they can handle at a time.) I've made training a "game" and they love it!! "Training & Treats" is what I call it. (They are both 1-year olds) and go nuts over Training & Treats bcuz they love the little treats but have to work for them. Huskies want to work and learn.
*Take him for a walk on a leash, only 15-minutes at his age. This forum says when walking puppies, do not take them for long walks and go by this guideline: (5minutes per month old). So 15minutes for 3months old, then 20mins for 4mths, etc.
*Keep your puppy busy throughout the day. But he'll need his puppy naps too. Always have plenty of water at all times. Feed him a good quality puppy food (it should say on the bag "how much per weight"). They need lots of food bcuz they are rapidly growing & so active.
*Remember these 4:
1) Physical Stimulation
2) Mental Stimulation
3) Communication
4) Love Love Love
*What's your gorgeous puppy's name??Best of luck to you!!
[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]WELCOME ABOARD[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Frozen carrots for teething.
When your pup nibbles, mouths, bites.. remove quietly from room & social company into a solitary room - two minutes.
Bring back .. repeat immediately if they start again..
When they just nuzzle.. watching waiting.. reward with a treat saying 'Good boy/girl! Be nice..no bite!'

This can apply to other undesirable or unpleasant behaviour. 
Never shout.
They have excellent hearing. 
And they hate rejection.. all pack/herd animals do.
If you can read EQUUS by Monty Roberts - so interesting.. on animal behaviour.  I've met him.. incredible man.

The successdogs.com site is invaluable.. for all your training and start now.

Pups need help and support from day one.  They too often leave far too early their litter pack and mum and older dogs who are their teachers in good behaviour.  
YOU are it now.. dont leave it till five or six months when they're bigger and stronger with bigger jaws too. Xx

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived